It's time once again for the results of North American sales. This time around we're focusing on the four week period of October 2011. What games sold the most during this time period? Let's find out! All info comes from NeoGAF.
NPD Coverage: October 2-29 (4 weeks)
Retail sales were up 1% year over year.
1. Battlefield 3 (360, PS3, PC)** Electronic Arts - almost 2 million
2. Batman: Arkham City (360, PS3)** Warner Bros. Interactive - 1.5 million
3. NBA 2K12 (360, PS3, PSP, Wii, PS2, PC) Take Two Interactive
4. Rage (360, PS3, PC) Bethesda Softworks - 550k
5. Just Dance 3 (Wii, 360) Ubisoft
6. Dark Souls (PS3, 360)** Namco Bandai Games
7. Madden NFL 12 (360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP)** Electronic Arts
8. Forza Motorsport 4 (360)** Microsoft
9. Gears of War 3 (360)** Microsoft
10. FIFA Soccer 12 (360, PS3, Wii, PSP, PS2, 3DS) Electronic Arts
11. Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (not in order 3DS, Wii, 360, PS3, PC) Activision
**(includes CE, GOTY editions, bundles, etc. but not those bundled with hardware)
360 - 393k (+14.9%)
3DS - >250k
WII - <250k (< +7.75%)
PS3 - 240k~250k (estimated from Microsoft, Nintendo and NPD PR) (-4.0% - 0.0%)
NDS - <180k (>-47.4%)
The modern military blockbuster Battlefield 3 took top billing this month with over two million units sold across three platforms. Batman: Arkham City impressed with 1.5 million units sold-- far greater than Arkham Asylum's August 2009 debut. NBA 2K12 dominated the sports scene despite an NBA lockout, Rage took fourth place in sales, Just Dance 3 boogied on Wii and Kinect, and Dark Souls managed to defy all odds and chart at sixth place nonetheless.
On the console side of the spectrum, the price drop lit a fire under the 3DS, giving it approximately 250,000 in sales, close to the Wii's amount. Despite a fifty dollar price cut, the PlayStation 3 failed to beat the 360 or sell impressively. Meanwhile, speaking of the 360, Microsoft's console once again is on top this month, selling close to 400k.